Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Launch of the Titans

No . . .not the Nipomo Titans . . .the Lockheed Martin Titan. In fact its the final launch from Vandenberg Airforce Base of this particular type of Titan. Launch is supposed to be between 11:04 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Check out the story in today's Santa Maria Times. If the sky is clear, you should be able to see, and probably even hear and feel the launch right here in Nipomo. Luck permitting, I'll try and post a photo later.

Update: 11:14 a.m.

The Titan just took off about ten mintues ago. I was able to get a couple of shots . . . nothing very close up; however, it was the view from downtown Nipomo on Wednesday morning. I may be able to get a few better shots from a source I have who was at the launch. If so, I'll post them later as well. Outstanding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home